LDS QUIET GAMES
QUIET CHURCH GAMES
It can be hard to keep toddlers quiet and occupied for an hour during Sacrament Meeting at Church. Here are some game ideas specificlly for members of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Others may find good ideas for other situations where quiet games and activities are needed.
2. Get a cheap photo album at the dollar store and fill it with pictures. Print out the gospel art photos (size 4x6 or 3x5). Purchase small 3x4 photos of Jesus, temples, prophets etc at Seagull Book. Find other photos online or in magazines that are gospel related to put in the album. Also put photos of your family. Children love to go through and look at these photos and will it will help keep them busy for several minutes during church.
4. File folder games are a great way to keep your child occupied and help them learn at the same time. Here are some great file folder games from mormonchic. You could also purchase LDS file folder books from Seagull Book or from FinchFamilyGames.com. Make your own file folder games using gospel art photos or photos from The Friend or other magazine. MakingFriends.com has bible paper dolls that you could make into a file folder game for your child.
5. Get a color wonder book for your child to color in. These come with special pens that are designed to work only on a certain paper so if any gets on your child's clothes it won't show or stain. Below are several different options available:
6. The dollar store has a small child size magnetic sketch and erase board . You use a special magnetic pen and can draw pictures without any mess.
7. There are several magnetic games that would be great for quiet time. They are nice because they come in a tin where you can keep all the pieces in one spot. They have a Noah's Ark Magnetic Game that is very nice. Below are several other magnetic tin sets:
10. Purchase or make your own LDS quiet book. The Idea Door has some ideas on quiet books that you can make. Below are a few links to different quiet books available for purchase:
One thing to remember is to keep these toys and games in your church back and only let your child play with them on Sunday during church so they don't get old. Have several different items to keep your child busy and quiet.